As we all known Android is known of the customization of OS that gives you limitless possible ways to use your device the way you want it to be. There is no other OS who gives you customization options like Android. There are various apps and launcher with the help of them you can customize your home screen to give it a variety of looks. When we talk about the customization we talk about installing a TWRP recovery that will open the door to a new world of customization.
Most of out there who don’t know how to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S8. Today, we’ll guide you step by step; it’s a very simple and small procedure to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Before proceeding further you should know the Advantages and Disadvantages of installing TWRP Recovery on your smartphone
Once you install TWRP recovery, you can install any third party custom ROM from Resurrection Rom to Paranoid Android ROM. I just gave an example of two there are a lot of custom Roms Available for your Galaxy S8 and S8+ simply go to XDA developers and search for your device you will find a lot of option out there. You have complete freedom to customize your kernels, custom ROMs, mods, you can also remove bloatware app from your smartphone, in short, you can do whatever you can think of it. For doing it the first step is installing TWRP on your Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Apart from a lot of advantages of installing TWRP and custom ROMs on your smartphone, there are few disadvantages also. The main disadvantage of installing TWRP and custom ROM on your device is that it will void your warranty. TWRP is a third party recovery which will replace the stock recovery In this case, you won’t receive any updates from Samsung regarding your operating system. While installing TWRP if you didn’t do it correctly you might brick your device, in that case, it won’t pass your boot screen. So think twice before proceeding although if you want to go back to your device original state and remove TWRP you can do it by installing stock rom. The procedure is very simple, for the time being, first, let’s see how to install TWRP on your device.
There are some steps that that you have to follow before installing TWRP on your smartphone to install TWRP you need your desktop or laptop.
Follow these steps before installing TWRP Recovery on your phone
1. First step is charge your device fully means 100 or 90%. So that you won’t run out of battery while installing TWRP.
2. Make sure you have installed Galaxy S8 and S8+drivers on your PC and laptop use Samsung KIES.
3. Always make a complete backup of your device so if something unwanted happens and you lost your data make a backup. You can copy and paste all of your data back to your smartphone.
4. Enable USB debugging by going into the Developer options.
5. Get Odin for your PC from here and install it.
6. Get TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 from here.
7. Get TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8+ from here.
After performing the above six steps you are now very close to installing TWRP on your device.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+
1. Open Odin toolkit on your PC and laptop that you have installed.
2. Connect your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ to your PC via USB cable. If you have installed all the drivers your PC will recognized your device automatically.
3. Now you have to enter to download mode turn off your phone. Once your phone is switched off press volume down + Power + Home button altogether at the same time for a few seconds. Wait until it enters the download mode.
4. Once you enter into download mode Odin will display the “added” message and the ID: COM will be highlighted in blue. If you didn’t get this message uninstall your USB drivers and install them again.
5. Open the Odin, click on AP and load the TWRP recovery.tar file that you have downloaded for your device.
6. On Odin, click on Options tab, and make sure that Auto Reboot and Re Partition fields are not checked.
7. Now simply click on Start. Odin will handle everything from here and show you a “pass” message in the ID: COM field that will be turned to green.
8. It’s done. Now, you can install any third party custom ROMs kernels, exposed framework and tweak your device the way you want it.