Facebook finally rolled out the much awaited Facebook Messenger payments system in the France and UK. At first, Facebook introduces this feature to the US now the company is expanding it slowly.
Facebook announced this news in their blog post that Messenger payment is now available in the UK and France. Make sure you update your app through Google Play and App Store to enjoy the newest feature. If you haven’t received the update yet don’t worry you will receive it in a day or two.
Currently, there are some limitations with this service; you can send the money to the users in your own country. Facebook took 2 years to launch this service outside the US.
Let’s have a look at the steps to send and receive the money via Facebook messenger payments:
To send money:
- Start a message with a friend
- Tap the blue + icon and then tap the green Payments icon
- Set up your payment account (only the first time) and then enter the amount you want to send
- Tap Payand then add your debit card
- Watch the amount of money you sent rain down on the screen
To receive money:
- Open the conversation from your friend
- Tap Add Cardin the message, add your debit card and setup your payment account to accept money for the first time